Wednesday, October 21, 2009

For the love of learning...

“Even a knee-high tsunami can kill you; the power of the fast-moving water can knock you down, then beat your body and head with debris, and drown you.”
-Quote from my Natural Disaster’s textbook

How I love the warm and fuzzy reading I get to do while sailing on the open sea!

Really now, the author of my textbook couldn’t find a more morbid way of phrasing these things. Every chapter, I get to learn of numerous ways the earth just might kill me on my travels.

But I do quite enjoy my Natural Disasters class (this in itself is some great miracle, seeing as though it’s a natural science class).

Mostly it’s because my professor is a petite British woman with an accent that is perfectly suited for the title of our course.

Every time she says “disaster” it’s with the luscious and ever so dramatic ‘long A’ sound.

disAHHster.

Geohazards and natural disAHHsters.

Brings such spice to the title, I think.

But then I would love my science class for the dialect of its professor, wouldn’t I?

Oh but it’s the little things, friends.

Love. Anna

1 comment:

  1. It kind of goes with a "SMASHING" good time.

    Hope your feeling better.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete