Thursday, October 22, 2009

The seas have been glassy lately.

It’s a calm I almost forgot the ocean was capable of, amidst miles of white caps and weeks of up and down, back and forth.

Today, I returned to the northern hemisphere.

And tomorrow, we greet Asia for the first time on our voyage as we port in Chennai.

India is a place I have longed to go for some time, and I know before arriving that five days will never do justice to a country that holds 1/6 of the word’s population in it’s borders. I’m grateful for the five days nonetheless.

This port more than any other is eliciting fear in students on board.

Fear of the poverty.

Fear of the smell.

Fear of the crowdedness.

These things have the marvelous potential to inconvenience personal agendas.

And I’m glad for it.

Inconvenience is good for the soul every once in awhile.

More to come.

Love. Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment