Friday, October 2, 2009

Hello Cape Town

HOORAY for South Africa tomorrow!

I must say this has been a really ruff stretch of sailing (in more ways than one), and I have a major case of cabin fever. Besides being sick, I am so ready to get off the ship after seven days.

But it’s all good because tomorrow I meet solid ground once again.

So much has been said about South Africa in these last couple of days that make me extra excited to arrive—supposedly it’s the most fun and beautiful country we visit on the itinerary (and has by far the most beautiful waterfront).

But it’s also supposedly the most dangerous country (South Africa has the highest sexual assault rate, murder rate, and HIV/AIDS rate on the continent. Gives you nice and fuzzy feelings inside, doesn’t it?), and I watched Taken for the first time last night, so I’m battling extra paranoia.

Prayers for safety, por favor!

I’m fairly sure I’ll be able to find wireless internet while I’m there, so if all goes well you may be getting a very special treat (i.e. a pic of me and the roomie).

Much love to you all (and Happy October),
Anna

2 comments:

  1. i would love to see her! and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please please stay safe. as in, no dark alleys at night, cover your fanta when you go to pee, you know the gist. i love you and i want to see LOTS of pictures in december.

    ReplyDelete