Monday, November 2, 2009

Good Morning, Viet Nam

As I type these words, it is morning here and we are sailing up the Mekong River to our port destination of Ho Chi Minh City. We can see the fishing boats from our bedroom window, and wave at the locals as we pass them.

I know Viet Nam will hold many exciting things.

But by far most exciting is MY SISTER.

Viet Nam is a cheap flight from Indonesia, which means Emily is coming to rendezvous with me in Ho Chi Minh City for three days.

It is the loveliest, most splendid, perfectly timed gift to know that I will be seeing a member of my family tomorrow.

Exactly what my heart ordered.

Vietnam with a side of sister.

Much love,
Anna

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there with you both! I miss you & love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds wonderful! i'll be praying for your lovely reunion and lovely adventures.

    ReplyDelete