Thursday, September 3, 2009

2 more days and 30 little friends

I signed up awhile back to adopt a classroom in my home region through a program called “Vicarious Voyage”.

Today we had a meeting, and I got my assignment.

I’m adopting the third grade class of an elementary school in South Central, L.A. and the idea is that these students get to live this journey vicariously through me. I will send the class emails, postcards, and three stuffed envelopes throughout my trip full of menus, pictures, pamphlets, maps, etc. of different things I’ve eaten, people I’ve met, and places I’ve been, and also different facts about the culture.

And then they’ll write me back.

I don’t know about you…but there are few things more wonderful than the crooked, nonsensical writing of a third grader’s hand.

I’m pretty excited for my thirty new pen pals, AND for the fact that I get to set foot in Spain in TWO DAYS. Dear solid ground, how lovely you are!

Most exciting.

Love. Anna

1 comment:

  1. that sounds so fun anna! it's like you're flat stanley...only not. hahaha.

    and SPAIN?! please please please give as many details as possible, seeing as your dear friend grounded in the US wishes she was there with you. ten cuidado con los hombres alli!

    ReplyDelete